Visium Resources has been asked to identify candidates for the following contract to hire position.
Avionics Model Based System Engineers
3 month contract with Visium Resources, Inc. and then direct with the client.
Full benefits once direct/perm with client
They offer: Salaries, benefits, incentives and stock options, holiday and paid personal days, bereavement leave, jury duty and military leave, health, dental, vision, flexible spending, health reimbursement arrangements, employee wellness, life insurance and AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, tuition assistance, training, 401k, relocation assistance, Equity Incentive plan, performance bonus, etc.
Candidate shall perform systems engineering, integration and analysis in the avionics domain (command and data handling, thrust vector control, flight computing systems, guidance navigation and comms, power, sensors and telemetry, flight termination systems, and RF systems) through the Critical Design Review (CDR) for Exploratory Upper Stage (EUS) development.
Candidate shall perform the systems engineering analysis to define the avionics architecture (i.e. requirements, functions, and interfaces), develop and augment analytical models to validate required performance of avionics subsystems and component parts, and work with the test team to establish verification objectives and test plans.
Qualified candidates would have the following:
Candidate shall complete the following tasks:
- Review and evaluate the CONOPS, design reference missions, and system requirements.
- Establish and document an avionics concept of operations that aligns with system artifacts and proposed design solutions.
- Develop model based (CAMEO) functional, physical, and interface architecture for avionics subsystem.
- Validate allocations of requirements to avionics components and support modelling and analysis activities used to resolve TBDs and TBRs.
- Support integration across multiple component teams to ensure consistent flow down of requirements and architecture into box level candidate SSOWs.
- Support development of artifacts for major program reviews up to and including CDR.
Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
A secret security clearance is not required; however, candidate must be able to pass a background check.
This is a full-time position located in Huntsville, AL.