A rare opportunity to join an MRO in Malta as an Operations Shift Manager!
We are looking for someone with excellent leadership and communication skills and a minimum of 5 years experience in a Part 145 Base Maintenance Organisation. You must hold a B1/B2 license and be eligible for C-Certifying authorisation, along with extensive knowledge of EASA aviation regulations.
You will be responsible for the delivery, cost, quality of work, health and safety and personnel engagement on the aircraft assigned to your bay.
- Responsible and accountable for the assigned section check progress with regards to 'Time, Quality, Resources, material booking and Job card clocking'.
- Perform and record quality spot checks on work being performed at least 5 times per week.
- Handover in an effective manner to the incoming Operations Shift Manager and ensure that there is no communication breakdown as a result of the handover.
- Assures timely execution in line with the agreed plan whilst maintaining all associated company and Legislative regulations.
- Assist the Hangar Manager in ensuring that overtime and sub-contractor costs are kept to a minimum
- Organize and monitor the team roster to ensure that the maintenance schedule for the aircraft can be achieved
- Completion of the CRS at the end of check.
- Lead and motivate a team of technical and other personnel for whom he/she is directly responsible including the participation in employed appraisal, maintenance of discipline and organization of meetings maybe necessary
- Ensure that the hangar area is kept clean at all times and that health and safety as well as security regulations are being observed
- Drive development of LEAN culture, critical thinking, and strengthen the lean leadership behavior by intense coaching to achieve cost reduction, zero defects to customers.
- Close Co-Ordination, communication with support shop manager, project core team, other operations shift managers, Project Manager and the superior to assure efficient and effective deployment of staff.
- Maintain the facility, bay, equipment to the highest of standards.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time.
If you would like to know more about this exciting position please get in touch for further details. All communication will be treated in the strictest confidence.