Zenon is delighted to be commissioned by a very well established International Flight Training Organisation to source Senior Operations Controller on a permanent or contract basis for their facilities based in the Oxford.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fresh, forward thinking company with solid growth within the sector and truly visionary plans for future sustainable development.
- Competitive Salary with variations based on SE,ME and IR qualifications and hours training
- Travel allowances
- Company Pension
- Private Health Scheme
- Providing day-to-day administrative, functional and technical direction to the Flight Dispatch (Operational Control Centre) on behalf of the HoT;
- The development, implementation and enforcement of operational control standards, policies and procedures pertaining to the Flight Dispatch function, in keeping with all CAA requirements;
- Providing flight operational support through dispatch services including, but not limited to, flight planning, flight watch, weather briefing, and communications as required by the CAA regulations and those applicable sections of the Operations Manual;
- Ensuring that all flight operations officers are provided with adequate training, checking and route familiarization suitable to the position being held within the Flight Dispatch organization;
- Ensuring that Company flights are safely and efficiently planned, cleared, and monitored in accordance with established standards and regulations; Daily planning and allocation of resources to support the flight school programme;
- Collection of flight data for student/FI reports and logbooks;
- Upload of all relevant data / documents to companies’ electronic systems on daily basis;
- Managing and standardisation of Operations Controllers;
- Ensuring all operations paperwork is completed accurately;
- Maintaining the tactical plan of hours flown and classes taught;
- Ensuring that the "signature sheets" (for acknowledging that the relevant ATO Manuals having been read and understood) in the Signature Book are signed, before issuing any aircraft to Flight Instructor and Students;
- Ensuring that the aircraft apron has all emergency equipment required;
- Record in the daily programme and assess the on-time departure of all flights, including simulator activity,
- Develop strategies to ensure on time departure performance;
- Supervise Ops Officers at OXF and HSK;
- Providing work schedules which ensure adequate and efficient flight operations officer staffing;
- The safe and efficient operation of the ATO’s Flight Operations.
- Actively involving with Safety Management System by reporting all accidents, incidents and any hazards in the workplace;
- Being safety conscious by exercising duty of care in the performance of duties;
- Keeping current on legal national and international provisions, relating to flight operations and advising of important changes all sections/departments concerned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:-
- Three years of experience as Flight Operations Officer (FOO) / Flight Dispatcher in an airline Operations Control Centre or in an ATO;
- Should hold, has held a FOO license;
- Good knowledge of EASA and UK-CAA regulation
- Good organisational skills;
- Good people management skills;
- Sound knowledge of IT systems;
- Computer literate;
- iv. Acceptable to the Head of Training.
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever-changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to Ashley Ewen in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Senior Account Manager Ashley, please phone our office
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the EU will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.