Tethers Unlimited, Inc. is a 70 person aerospace production and R&D company located in Bothell, WA. We're nimble and scrappy and fun, and we work on a variety of cool projects.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the product life cycle. Responsibilities may also include establishing technical specifications, implementing architectures, identifying and coordinating with cross-functional development partners, identifying components, and delivering the final manufacturing-ready design.
- Develop and design solutions for complex systems or subsystems as part of a multidisciplinary engineering team, with specific focus on digital and analog design.
- Determines technical objectives for solution(s) to advanced technical engineering problems.
- Participate in the review and finalization of detailed subsystem performance requirements, interface control documents, test requirements, integration planning, etc.
- Perform design trade studies and analysis to determine the best approach to meet competing demands of performance, cost, and schedule.
- Responsible for working on improvements and enhancements to existing designs, troubleshooting hardware, failure analysis, test procedure creation, and electronics testing.
- Document test and verification activities at the electrical system and/or subsystem level.
- Conduct reviews and/or provide significant technical analysis and commentary on the system and engineering specification, schematic, and/or verification phases of development.
- Coach and mentor engineers and other support staff.
- Provide engineering oversight and guidance to proteges.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum ten years of professional experience as an engineer.
- Previous experience in small company, start-up, or growth transition environments highly desired.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and experience in designing complex embedded systems with digital electronic systems and mixed signal analog (RF, power entry, SMPS, ADC, DACs, leveling, etc.).
- FPGA electrical design experience is desired, specifically the Xilinx Z70XX series.
- ?Schematic capture (Altium) and PCB layout management experience.
- Firm understanding of DfX and DfR.
- Experience designing electronics hardware for aerospace or space systems is desired.
- Experience with RF, Specifically the development of high-bandwidth Software Defined Radios is desired.
- System and component level design.
- ?Board bring-up and lab debugging.
- High speed digital design.
- Working knowledge of mechanical design and analysis: CAD, GD&T FEA, Thermals.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Communication skills- both verbal and written, especially in area of interfacing with teams
- Organizational and planning skills
- Ability to mentor, motivate and educate early career engineers
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary engineering teams
- Ability to generate and communicate budget and schedule estimates to project management
- Working knowledge of mechanical design and analysis: CAD, GD&T FEA, Thermals
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication and leadership skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: May supervise directly or indirectly. Coach and mentor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer. May encounter prolonged periods of sitting. Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, or lifting up to 25 lbs.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: This is a full-time position requiring a minimum of 40 hours per week.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel is expected for this position.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE: ITAR Requirements: This position requires special security screenings to conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, which may include the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance. The U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship only.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Some of our PERKS:
- Easy Eastside commute to Bothell
- Awesome medical/vision/dental package
- SEP IRA 15% company contributions on top of salary
- Federal holidays off as well as public holidays
- Smart, engaged co-workers who value and support each other's growth
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Covered bicycle rack
- Walking trails nearby
PLEASE NOTE: We are only considering local (Greater Seattle area) candidates at this time.
** PRINCIPALS ONLY. NO RECRUITERS PLEASE. **
TUI participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Tethers Unlimited, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.