Position/Title: Manager of Aircraft Maintenance (MIA)
Reports to: Director of Maintenance
Location: Miami, Florida (MIA)
At Eastern Airlines curiosity and excitement for growth go a long way. In fact, Eastern Airlines was launched by seekers, adventurers and above all fliers. Our rich legacy and pioneering spirit are still evident in our team today.
Our open-hearted attitude, respect for the people we fly and our attention to detail is what sets Eastern Airlines apart from its competitors. Natural curiosity and hunger for wonder are behaviors that make our employees successful.
This summary provides a listing of the knowledge, skills and abilities that are critical components for the position of Manager of Aircraft Maintenance.
This is a full-time position that will report to the Director of Maintenance and interacts with the Director of Quality, Manager of Aircraft Maintenance Control, Manager of CASS and Aircraft Reliability, Manager of Aircraft Technical Records, Manager of Quality, Sr. Manager of Materials, and Manager of System Operations Control. The successful candidate will demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of widebody/767 aircraft maintenance requirements and is responsible for ensuring compliance with company GMM and all regulatory requirements to produce high quality, value driven results. Good communication skills are required and the ability to negotiate with and manage external vendors to ensure all requirements are met and planned for at the best value for the company. This individual must be able to exhibit the values and culture of the company while working with flight mechanics and flight crews in a fast paced/dynamic environment.
C. Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the coordination between required departments to ensure effective completion of maintenance, preventative maintenance, alteration, and repair of company aircraft and ground support equipment;
- Ensures maintenance systems are properly updated with aircraft/engine block hours, flight hours, cycles as appropriate before and after maintenance;
- Ensures tools, spare parts, and equipment assigned are cared for as per company policy/ required standards and that spares, tooling and equipment are maintained at an adequate inventory level ready for immediate provisioning;
- Upholds safety and security procedures and awareness;
- Develops and maintains a strong team, good labor relations, open communication within their organization and other departments;
- Manages team member schedules and performs appropriate planning to ensure workload requirements are met in an efficient and organized way;
- Manages the scheduling of training and the overall work performance of assigned team members to ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures;
- Manages both the Flight Maintenance Engineer (FME) and Aircraft Maintenance Ground personnel to the same standards required by the Company which include efficient, effective, and economically driven results;
- Should be knowledgeable and have experience in the hiring and separating of team members coordinated with People Services, and to also ensure job performance corrective action is properly documented and administered;
- Will be required to assist Finance in the preparation and management of the Company's budget related to aircraft maintenance which would include labor, fixed asset, parts, inventory, tooling, and related;
- Has the ability to obtain additional qualifications through training and education as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Maintenance, or VP of Maintenance and Engineering;
- Associate degree or higher education (B.S. in aviation related discipline is preferred);
- Must have a valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate;
- Three (3) years' experience or more aircraft maintenance supervisory experience;
- Five (5) years' experience or more with commercial aircraft and engine records requirements in a part 121 environment required on like equipment (widebody Boeing, 767, etc.);
- Proficient with accessing and interpreting online aircraft manuals (wiring diagrams, SRM, etc.) and other related technical publications;
- Ability to work with all levels of management and contract vendors required;
- Ability to communication effectively; in both oral and written communication;
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment;
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver License and a driving record from the state of your primary residence that meets the Company's insurance standards;
- Pass a two (2) year drug and alcohol background check, pre-employment drug test, and criminal history records check (CHRC);
- Eligible to work in the United States;
- Some travel may be required.