Reporting to the Senior Manager – IT Business Alignment the Senior Analyst ensures that the business requirements from business stakeholders are documented, reviewed, approved, and signed off effectively for all Projects & Enhancement Initiatives. He / she is responsible to map the business processes related to concerned Business unit and should be able to work with the relevant business teams to re-engineer those processes if required.
The successful Senior Analyst acts as a SME for their assigned Business unit and assists the Project/Program Manager in the execution of the Project/Program plan.
Involvement in all phases of the project management process and assisting the design with understanding/interpreting requirements, the build team with detailed testing, the implementation team with go-live activities and the support team with post-implementation support are central to the the success of this position.
1. Document business objectives, functional requirements, business processes and data models thereby ensuring that business requirements are comprehensively and completely captured.
2. Prepare business requirement documents, use cases, process models and supporting business rules for the relevant initiative. Coordinate requirements walk- through and signoffs with stakeholders to ensure that documentation accurately portrays business needs.
3. Documenting the requirements traceability matrix thereby ensuring that the functional solution design can meet the documented requirements.
4. Leads business departments through documentation and gap analysis of “as is” and “to be” business processes.
5. Ensure that all project document artefacts are signed off by the required business and project stakeholders
6. Produce the logical/functional systems design (detailing business information flow/process) for business solution agreed. This includes detailed entity relationship modeling, function hierarchy diagramming, process modeling, and function to entity mapping.
7. Subject matter expert on their respective functional domain
8. Conduct functional analysis for solutions/systems to ascertain that the system/solution
a. meets the business requirements
b. Interoperates with relevant flydubai’s business systems
9. Carries out requirements development process through the elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements from an end-to-end perspective and supports the ongoing management of the requirements.
10. Establish formal and informal methods of interaction with business managers and their staff, such that the BA acquires an in-depth knowledge of their assigned PSS business area and establishes credibility with the relevant business stakeholder(s)
11. Serve as a point of contact/communication between the assigned project and the Business, to improve operational efficiencies. Manage Business stakeholder’s expectations effectively.
12. Work independently based on the direction received from their assigned Project/Program Manager.
13. Identifies risks associated with their assigned deliverable and works with the Project/Program Manager to mitigate those risks
14. Be the key link between the Business and IT technical resources. This facilitation and translation role is most important in the requirement definition, development review, and user acceptance testing and implementation stages of system development.
15. Ability to reconcile requirements from multiple groups to ensure all needs are accounted for and are traced back to the business objectives
16. Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and strengthen client relationships.
17. Delivers informative, well-organised presentations. Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
18. Possesses a high-level understanding in the areas of software design, application programming, database and infrastructure design
19. Perform data analysis to support evaluation of system defects or to develop requirements for new functionality; triage and troubleshoot complex user-reported system defects; assist in various system trouble shooting and balancing and correction efforts including analysis, verification and validation of issues and fixes.
20. Provide relevant business inputs during the IT budgeting process.
21. Assist business managers in making the business case for change requests.
22. Ensure that the business area knowledge acquired is transferred/passed on to other key IT personnel involved in servicing the business area.
23. Preparing process mapping, analysis and issue resolution as well as detailed test cases as part of the SDLC. Facilitating solution design, build and test activities as part of the program implementation and post implementation reviews.
24. Ensure all technical documentation and unit testing scenarios provided by vendors is mapped to and meets business requirements.
25. Participating in the evaluation of new technologies and technical solutions for use.
26. Attend all project meetings and ensure meeting documentation is completed and distributed to stakeholders.
Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
(Shift, Objectives, Financial Details etc)
• Very good understanding of core airline/travel business processes and service delivery capabilities
• Thorough working experience using best practices, methods and techniques, process models and tools for Business Analysis.
• Practical experience in gathering client requirements, mapping processes, conducting hypotheses based analysis, creating business cases, evaluating and presenting solutions.
• Demonstrate ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments in a cross cultural team.
• Mastery of desktop productivity tools is a must (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• BS/BA degree in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 8+years’ experience as an IT Business Analyst.
• 3+years’ experience as an IT Business Analyst in an Airline/Travel domain.
• Strong experience in Agile Methodology.
• Experience in conflict resolution across multiple stakeholders involving senior management to achieve the objective.
Knowledge / Skill
• Highly motivated and self-directed.
• Ability to develop client relationships and comfortably interact with senior level clients.
• Business Analysis thought leader with comprehensive knowledge of requirements management methodologies and business requirement methodologies.
• Good understanding of business process re-engineering.
• Thorough understanding of functional testing, SDLC and PMLC.
• Good understanding of Return of Investment (ROI) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and how they are defined.
• Strong ability to translate and communicate orally and in writing in clear and straightforward manner.
• Strong ability to analyse and interpret data.
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
• Strong work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence.
• Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
• Remains informed of technology advances being made and proposed in airline industry that could add to the company’s services and improve flydubai’s efficiency.
Certificate / License required
• Certification in Business Analysis
• Work as liaison among business and technical stakeholders to elicit, analyse, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, information and information systems.
• Coordinate requirements walkthrough and signoffs with stakeholders to ensure that documentation accurately portrays business needs.
• Provide peer reviews of other business analysts for business/functional requirements, uses cases, business rules and related workflows.
• Ability to work well under pressure against tight deadlines.