Title: Aircraft Avionics Technician (Heavy Aircraft) - NASA Armstrong - Palmdale, CA
Vertex Aerospace is redefining the mid-level aerospace market with our agility, rapid deployment capability, and customized quality. Our international presence and a vast range of services distinguish us from competitors. We offer our customers a variety of global aerospace support, including Systems Integration, Fabrication, Contractor Operated & Maintained Base Supply, Engineering, Training Support, Maintenance, Modification, Repair, & Overhaul, and all levels of Maintenance for UAVs, helicopters, and airplanes.
Title: Aviation Electrician/Avionics Technician I (747 / DC-8 / Heavy Aircraft) Science and Aircraft Integration Facility Hangar 703, Palmdale CA
- Troubleshoots, repairs and services aircraft and engine systems. Conducts diagnosis of malfunctions. Performs maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems and equipment in accordance with technical specifications, engineering instructions, and FAA regulations. Maintains FAA required records, manuals and inspection forms.
- The Avionic Technician performs Organizational, Intermediate and limited Depot level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification and troubleshooting on all assigned aircraft, components and equipment. Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other employees as needed. Must possess a high degree of expertise in aircraft systems. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of applicable maintenance/technical manuals, publications, instructions, and special tools and test equipment. Must be familiar with the operational capabilities and limitations of aircraft systems.
- Potential candidate must have a strong background in commercial avionics, principle of operation, system maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience with 747, DC-8 or other similar "heavy aircraft" experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical directives, planning documents, test specifications, technical publications and procedures, and applicable safety manuals.
- Must be able to work in the established work/living environment, work shift schedules and support mission requirements.
- Must be customer-oriented.
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of aircraft safety directives.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge (aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards) of flight line operations.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of using aircraft technical publications-read, interpret, follow and basic comprehension of schematic diagrams, drawings, and charts.
- Must have a working knowledge (input and extract data) of maintenance database technology.
- Must be able to perform operational checks, system adjustments and troubleshooting of RADAR, communications, electronics and navigation systems as required.
- Minimum of three (3) years aircraft avionics technician experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of recent experience on heavy aircraft (747 / DC-8).
- Must be able to work shifts as assigned and travel as part of a maintenance recovery team if required.
- Must have a current civilian driver's license and be able to obtain and maintain a government flight line driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD secret government security clearance as required