At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an experienced and highly-motivated Harpoon Block II Upgrade Avionics Engineer to develop, integrate, test, and deliver complex avionics solutions to the Cruise Missile Systems Avionics team located in St. Charles, MO.
The Cruise Missiles organization is a strong and growing business that produces long-range precision guided weapons which are employed around the world to support the defense of the United States and more than 30 U.S. allied countries. The Cruise Missile portfolio includes the Harpoon and Standoff Land Attack Missile - Expanded Response (SLAM_ER) missiles.
The Avionics System is being modified to align with the expanding capabilities and functionality of the Harpoon and SLAM-ER missiles. The project has a broad and growing customer base of both international and domestic customers.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with a multi-discipling engineering team to develop advanced missile avionics including radar seeker, radar altimeter, guidance control unit, power converter, battery, and ignition safety device.
- Opportunity to work directly with suppliers and customers.
- Develop leadership skills and experiences.
- Contribute in all phases of the avionics development lifecycle.
- Test and integration of your avionics system(s) in lab and flight environments.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, document, and solve avionics problems.
- Opportunity to transition avionics from development into production.
The engineer will work with a multi-discipline engineering team to develop and deploy avionics on the Harpoon IIU missile. The engineer will work all phases of avionics development lifecycle. Opportunities to travel domestically and internationally to support customers may be available.
Relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Five or more years of professional experience in avionics development, integration, and test
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with missile and/or aircraft avionics.
- Experience with technical management of suppliers.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (eg Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (eg PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.