The Project Manager will act as the liaison between Flintco, the owner representatives, major subcontractors, architects and engineers, and provides valuable input based on his/her aviation construction expertise to benefit the project. Responsible for providing management supervision to project personnel on assigned aviation projects and ensuring that the projects are completed in compliance with Zero By Design, within budget and on schedule. Responsible for overall management direction for all the functions required to successfully deliver project(s), including assuring sufficient resource allocation. Supervises assigned subordinate Project Engineers, Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents and Project Administrators.Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review preparation and culmination of project estimates and bids, and collaborate with management in selecting and assigning project personnel.
- Review the selection of subcontractors and completion of contract arrangements and review proposed materials and shop drawings from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Review with project personnel the preliminary project schedule and when appropriate the detailed project schedule
- Ensure that all required project management/administrative pre-requisites (i.e. cash flow plan, subcontractor lists, manufacturer lists, submittal/procurement logs, etc.) are prepared and submitted to the architect and ensure these plans are properly administered, as in submittals expedited, received, logged and approved.
- Collaborate with the Project Superintendent in overseeing the delivery of materials to the job site or outside storage, and ensuring that their receipt is properly recorded.
- Application of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) design standards and specifications.
- Monitor construction activities, resolve problems and issues which arise, especially those pertaining to changes, deficiencies and/or subcontractor performance. Review monthly project status reports, project billings, and provide information as required to keep upper management and client properly informed.
- Ensure that "punch list" items are completed. Ensure that closeout documentation is submitted (i.e. drawings, operation and maintenance manuals, and warranties from subcontractors and suppliers). Participate in and expedite fair settlement of final disputes, litigation, and final payment dispositions.
May manage subordinates in accounting roles, such as Financial Coordinators.Qualifications
Knowledge and ability to prepare detailed construction project plans, schedules and estimates and to make proper modifications to such, using a personal computer and standard company software. Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, shop drawings, technical specifications. Ability to calculate square footage, volumes and percentages using a personal computer and calculator. Ability and skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, as in providing written and oral instructions to employees and in communicating with architects, clients and subcontractors. Knowledge of and application skills in geometry, trigonometry and algebra. Working knowledge of personal computers and basic software programs. Ability to manage project teams and large groups of personnel, and ability to accomplish desired results through delegation.
Knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airport Construction Standards , FAA Design & Engineering Standards, FAA Specifications for Airport Improvement Program (AIP) and Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Airport Security requirements. Knowledge of FAA and state airport capital funding processes.
Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Construction Technology or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least 7 - 10 years of progressively responsible experience in project management on aviation projects, including estimating, scheduling, cost control, and personnel administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless otherwise directed by our Employee Services Department. Please do not forward resumes to our hiring managers or regional offices. Flintco, LLC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedMake my connection with the Flintco team!
Unable to locate an open position that is just right for you? Connect with us to stay informed of future events and be the first to know about new opportunities by providing us with information on you and your general interests!