TSK Architects is a highly acclaimed architecture, planning and interior design firm headquartered in Henderson, Nevada with offices in Los Angeles, Reno, Grand Rapids and Shanghai.
We first opened our doors in 1960, and quickly established a reputation for design excellence and superior client service. Today, our practice is grounded in the belief that ideas embodied in a design should be progressive and of our time, that site and context must play an integral role in the development of a building, and that the smallest detail of any building can be just as important to the design as larger and more apparent design language.
Furthermore, people who know us well will tell you that were characteristically collaborative - we take great pride in fostering a strong team ethic between our employees and project stakeholders to design buildings which inspire communities and fulfill their needs for decades.
Our Los Angeles office is in a growth mode and seeking an experienced Job Captain for Educational and Judicial projects. A background in Educational and/or Judicial design is not a requirement for this position, but a strong advantage.
Candidates must exhibit strong organizational and communication skills and be accustomed to working in a team environment with tight deadlines. As an Architecture Job Captain, you will be responsible for organizing, managing, and producing quality contract documents in all phases of design and construction.
The role requires the ability to manage multiple aspects of internal team, consultant, and client coordination under the supervision of a Project Manager. The successful candidate will work with minimal direction and should be able to execute the responsibilities given to them by project and office leadership.
- Prepare solid and well-coordinated Construction Documents
- Research and develop technical architectural construction detailing
- Track and implement the repercussions of revisions throughout a set of drawings
- Navigate and research Building Codes, Accessibility requirements, Local Codes and Zoning Ordinances
- May supervise a small group of support staff on a per project basis
- Document and coordinate technical program requirements and schedules (electrical, equipment, door and hardware, etc.) as received from the client with design team and consultants
- Perform QA/QC on drawing packages
- Participate in client meetings and communicate effectively
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to assign tasks to office support staff, consultants, and vendors
- Between 6-8 years of experience minimum, post-education, in architecture required
- Strong ability for technical problem solving
- Solid experience coordinating drawings and specs with consultants required
- Proficient comprehension and navigation of California codes required
- Experience in Construction Administration phase of projects
- Must be proficient in most recent version of Revit - advanced users a plus
- Must be able to effectively prioritize tasks and communicate with team members
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketch up, Adobe suite, Microsoft suite a plus
- Accredited Bachelor's Degree in related field of Architecture preferred
- In process of obtaining Architectural license a plus
- LEED accredited a plus
- DSA experience a plus
If TSK sounds like a place for you, get in touch by sending us your LinkedIn profile or, if you prefer, send us your resume by email at: .