This announcement is for an Aircraft Maintenance Technician with RavnAir Group. This position reports to the Aircraft Maintenance Manager for Peninsula Aviation Services, Inc. and is responsible for performing repairs, installations, refurbishing, servicing, inspections, checks, and tests as specified in the applicable work sheets and job cards on assigned aircraft. The successful candidate must have a current airframe and powerplant (A&P) certificate, at least one year of experience in aircraft maintenance, and the ability to perform the physical requirements of the position.
This is a non-exempt, full time, benefits-eligible position. Position typically works four 10-hour days in Anchorage, however overtime may be required as dictated by business needs and with management approval.
- Must have a current airframe and powerplant certificate from the FAA;
- Requires the ability to obtain airport operating area ramp badge;.
- Must have own hand tools adequate to perform aircraft maintenance;
- Must be able to properly wear supplied personal protective equipment;
- A valid driver license with a clean driving record is required;
- Previous experience or the ability to learn how to properly tow aircraft and use aircraft maintenance ground equipment;
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and organize workload;
- Must have good communication ability and interpersonal skills;
- Basic ability to read mechanical, electrical drawings, and system schematics;
- Basic knowledge of FAA regulations, requirements, and limitations which relate to Aircraft Mechanics is highly preferred;
- Ability to receive and follow oral and written instructions in a clear and concise manner;
- Capable of climbing, lifting, and carrying heavy and awkward parts, and to perform precise manual work in awkward positions;
- Capable of performing the following physical tasks: reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching, climbing and that may involve the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds). Requires intermittent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of heavier objects (100+ pounds). Most tasks are performed in an equipment/engine repair shop environment, where heightened awareness to surroundings and observance of established safety precautions is essential in avoidance of injury or accidents. Some tasks are performed in an environment with potential for intermittent exposure to disagreeable elements, e.g., heat, humidity, toxic agents. Tasks include working around moving parts, equipment, carts, and materials handling where physical risks are predictable/controllable by observance of standard safety precautions;
- Requires a strong safety awareness and the ability to adhere to Safety Management Systems (SMS);
- Able to pass a comprehensive background check;
- Comfortable working in an airport environment around odors and sounds typically associated with operating aircraft.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs repairs, installations, refurbishing, servicing, inspections, checks, and tests as specified in the applicable work sheets and job cards on assigned aircraft;
- Performs basic tasks in a safe manner without constant supervision;
- Signs for and is responsible for the work they have accomplished as well as the work of all other mechanics that may have aided in the work;
- Uses the proper procedures, methods and practices in each job function to produce airworthy work;
- Properly signs out parts obtained from the Parts Room;
- Upon completion of in-house repairs, ensures the PenAir Work Order is completed in accordance with GMM Chapter III.
- Promote the Company safety culture, reporting any unsafe actions to supervisor immediately;
- Other duties as assigned and within the scope of this position.
Peninsula Aviation Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Peninsula Aviation Services, Inc. depends solely on your qualifications.