At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, theyre making history!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Staff Engineer Aeronautical to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
In this role you will
will help to lead the Configuration Design and Integration team through the development and design of multiple advanced air vehicles
mentor team members on design techniques and best practices related to air vehicle and configuration design, while supporting an expanded Statement of Work in parallel
develop solutions to complex vehicle level challenges, as well as the generation of subtasks and schedules to support design activities
A strong background in the development of conceptual/preliminary aircraft design is paramount, and expert level knowledge is required in the areas of configuration design, air vehicle integration, parametric modeling for Multi Disciplinary Optimization, preliminary surface design, and loft. You should be well versed in core Flight Science disciplines including aerodynamics, performance, propulsion, CFD, and mass properties. Must also have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical/Mechanical engineering with 17 years experience in aircraft design; OR Masters Degree in Aerospace /Aeronautical/ Mechanical engineering with 15 years experience in aircraft design
- 12 years of experience in Configuration Design of advanced air vehicles
- 10 years of experience with NX, CATIA, or ProE
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept of Defense Secret level with a background investigation date within 10 years
- OR Dept of Energy L clearance with a background investigation date within 10 years
- Masters Degree in Aerospace / Aeronautical / Mechanical engineering
- 15 years of experience in configuration design of advanced vehicles
- 15 years of experience with NX
- 10 years of experience with design of Low Observable air vehicles
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.