Zenon are proud to have been engaged to recruit a Director of Flight Operations for a successful Airline based in Europe with a large fleet of aircraft. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading Operator within its market sector.
• The principal responsibility of the DFO is to take all possible and practicable steps to ensure the safety, security and efficient overall operation of all company aircraft.
• Providing strong leadership that conveys the company’s commitment to the highest possible safety standards.
• Ensuring the management of flight safety and technical requirements.
• The development, maintenance and documentation of procedures to ensure safe and efficient operation of all company aircraft.
• Liaison with the Civil Aviation Authority on all matters covering Company operations.
• Work alongside the other nominated persons to drive continuous improvement, collaboration and cooperation between departments and the implementation of new technologies.
• Uses dialogue at the appropriate level & checks for understanding. Competent written work; can be relied upon to produce timely and legible reports. Exchanges necessary information with others and possesses strong IT skills.
• Co-operates well, developing strong relationships at all levels and responding effectively to individual needs. Treats colleagues with dignity and respect and able to gain the trust of a large team.
• Adopts a flexible and adaptable approach to work. Recovers well from setbacks and possible resistance from colleagues. Remains calm under pressure and is task-focused, encouraging others to do the same.
• Anticipates problems and acts to address causal factors. Reaches effective decisions by gathering & analysing relevant information to balance cost, benefit, and risk implications.
• Understands accountability and ownership to ensure results will be delivered to the required standard. High personal standards and leads by example, creating respect in others.
• Can work both independently and as part of a team. Demonstrates a positive attitude to work and motivates colleagues with enthusiasm.
• Hold an Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL), and previous employment in an EASA regulatory environment.
• Preferably type rated on the Embraer 190.
• Able to demonstrate strong leadership, strategic vision and managerial competency.
• Comprehensive knowledge of civil aviation regulations, standards and recommended practices (EASA, ICAO, IATA).
• Permanent relocation is required.
• German language skills preferable.
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever-changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to us in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Director Andy Saunders, please call our office.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the UK will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.