About This Role:
Kansas State Polytechnic seeks an experienced Advanced Flight Instructor to join our growing team of aviation flight professionals! This position performs flight training of private pilot, instrument pilot, commercial pilot, flight instructor, and others as delegated by the Chief Flight Instructor.
Additional opportunities available
- Assistant Chief Flight Instructor (507550):
Why Join Us:
Kansas State Polytechnic has an award-winning professional pilot program and has more Master Certified Aviation Instructors than any other college or university in the nation. We have a premium fleet of 35 aircraft and flight training devices with a large, active regional airport only steps away from the classroom.
Within two weeks of starting the first semester, students have the ability to fly with CFIs. Students train for ratings ranging from solo through commercial on a diverse selection of aircraft starting with Cessna 172s before moving on to more complex aircraft including Bonanzas and Barons. Since the program is FAR 141 approved, students are allowed to meet the commercial instrument minimum flight hour requirement of 190 hours instead of 250 hours.
Within the program's longstanding history at the university, Kansas State Polytechnic has developed and maintained numerous industry relationships with companies like ExpressJet - the largest regional air carrier in the country, Flight Safety International, Mesa Airlines, PSA Airlines, Piedmont, and Republic Airlines. These highly valued relationships ensure a level of comfort for the companies with our students, encouraging them to continue to seek out Kansas State Polytechnic professional pilots for internships and careers.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Associates degree in Aviation
- 5 years relevant experience
- Must have a Certified Flight Instructor Certificate upon employment
- Bachelors degree
- FAA Commercial Pilot Airplane Single-Engine Land
- FAA Commercial Pilot Airplane Multiengine Land
- Current Certified Flight Instructor Airplane Single-Engine and Instrument Land
- Current FAA Medical Certificate with Second Class Privileges
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor Single-Engine Land and Instrument
- FAA Flight Instructor High Performance Endorsement and Complex Endorsement
- Detailed documentation of training records and strict compliance to Safety Practices and Procedures manual and a safety culture
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Current resume
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references
- Copy of flight certificates
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$ 39,160 - $ 48,000
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.