Reports To: Event Manager, Assistant Event Manager
General Purpose: The Event Captain leads the event staff during a specific event, ensuring that Event Servers and Bartenders can operate as efficiently as possible while providing exceptional guest-focused service.
- Meets client needs and exceeds client expectations to successfully execute each event.
- Creates a positive and motivated atmosphere for teammates.
- Provides leadership support to Banquets and Catering Team.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with guests, groups, and teammates from other departments.
- Communicates clearly verbally and in writing with Event Manager and Kitchen team to secure all details/tools necessary to execute events. Assists with maintaining lines of communication between B&C and hotel/restaurant/etc.
- Knows and understands procedures, terminology and techniques used in the B&C department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of ingredients of all food and beverage items served and available for a function.
- Manages execution of on-site events in cooperation with event staff per directions of Events Manager and according to standards in the B&C Standards & Tools manual.
- Oversees set-up/tear-down details and processes.
- Interacts with the on-site contact and assists with impromptu requests; confidently answers client questions and solves client problems.
- Confidently answers staff questions, resolves issues arising during events, and remains calm in chaotic situations.
- Monitors staffing and scheduling, making adjustments to minimize expenses while ensuring an exceptional event.
- Performs any task related to execution and running of events, including filling in for event servers as necessary.
- Completes a walk-thru at conclusion of every event.
- Completes end of event paperwork, including, but not excluded to accounting, inventory, payroll report, etc.
- Summarizes event in Event Captain Log with a concise written report of event details.
- Knows and speaks knowledgably about products, features and services offered by hotel and restaurant.
- Provides excellent customer service to all guests in hotel/restaurant, not just those attending event.
- Reports to work on time and ready to work scheduled shift.
- Able to work flexible hours (nights, weekends).
- Responsible, dependable, punctual, organized.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong communication skills; must be able to speak, read and understand English.
- Clean and professional appearance.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for all things 21c
- Must pass a background check.
- Must be able to carry full service tray comfortably.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.