The Cross Programs Production Test integrated program team requires a Flight Operations Manager to orchestrate flight acceptance and production testing. This position requires an individual with a strong background in flight operations to oversee acceptance testing of Palmdale Cross Programs air vehicles, manages the flight crew schedule, interfaces daily with mission planning and NG Flight Test Operations. This position must coordinate Palmdale production operations, to include creating and maintaining flight publications accounts, requisition of required equipment, writing Palmdale-specific
contractor procedures and maintaining pilot documents and manuals required for flight operations. This manager directly interfaces with the Government Flight Representative (GFR) and is the POC for required Aircraft Operating Inspections.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Daily support of aircraft and ground shelter testing
- Managing the daily operations of Cross Programs pilots, sensor operators, flight test engineers and operations schedulers
- Coordinating with chase aircraft and pilot requirements
This position will also fill the Section Manager role for Palmdale-based Cross Programs UAS pilots.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers"
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of test experience
-Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance with full investigation within the last six years
- 9 years experience in aerospace preferred
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline (STEM)
- Current active FAA Class II medical certificate
- UAS flight test experience
- Masters Degree preferred
- Current and qualified Q-4 series UAS Pilot
- Q-4 series aircraft flight test experience
- Military Instructor Pilot experience
- Manned aircraft flight test experience
- DoD Top Secret clearance
- 2 years leadership experience either leading projects or teams
-500 hours as Pilot In Command (PIC)
- Active Commercial Pilot License with single engine land and instrument ratings