Role: Electrical Design Engineer - (Avionics)
Location: Boscombe Down, Salisbury
Duration: 4 Months
Pay rate: Market rates
To deliver avionic/electrical system designs and provide knowledge and design expertise as required by the Aviation Engineering Centre (AEC) team, Boscombe Down.
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required
* Experience in design, development and verification of Electrical/Avionics systems as an electrical/avionics or systems integration engineer.
* Conversant and current with civil and military airworthiness rules and regulations.
* Generate system architectures from customer requirements.
* Generate avionic/electrical design data using Autocad Electrical CAD package.
* Generate integration wiring diagrams from system schematic diagrams/requirements.
* Recognise and identify any testing required for certification.
* Ensure that designs are fit for purpose and meet all applicable customer and regulatory requirements.
* Produce supporting technical documentation using Microsoft Word and Excel
* Support installations/trial teams on aircraft and work through post design issues
* Work constructively and pro-actively with colleagues and with customer/supplier representatives.
* Work effectively within a project team and with minimal supervision.
* Communicate effectively with people at all appropriate levels within the organisation and externally with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
* Problem solving/innovative.
* Minimum HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering or technical discipline.