Important! This job ad is no longer active
Maintenance Repair Operations, Avionics Engineer
Position Title: Avionics Technical Designer Drafter
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Kent, Washington for an experienced Avionics Technical Designer Drafter.
- Design, development, and testing of ruggedized electronics enclosures
- Create, run and evaluate structural, thermal and vibration analysis on avionics enclosures
- Support electronics development and trade studies
- Design to interface definition, specification, and control documents
- Create mechanical detail drawings for machined and sheet metal fabrication
- Create 2-D electrical schematics, diagrams and drawings
- Oversee fabrication and assembly of development hardware
- Provide technical guidance for hardware environmental testing and installation
- Maintain and report on activity schedule and technical status
- B.S. degree or higher in Mechanical or an appropriate engineering field, or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of recent electronics packaging experience in designing aerospace or equivalent avionics enclosures
- Strong electrical and mechanical design and integration skills using 3-D CAD software Creo 5.0, Windchill 10, AutoCad, Pro/Engineer, and Routed System Designer (RSD)
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
no requirements specified