Important! This job ad is no longer active
Pilot, Captain / Commander
- Come join our amazing team where employees are treated like family! $14.00 per hour plus benefits including medical benefits, paid time off, paid time to volunteer, concert and sporting event tickets, ski pass program, 401k and MORE! Please visit BGVjobs.com to apply!
It's GRAND to be a Bell Captain at the Grand Lodge because:
- Flexible Schedule
- Beautiful Setting at the base of Peak 7, Independence Super chair
- Employee Incentives such as Employee of the Month, Weekly& Monthly Competitions
- Our team has a family feel, we work hard and play hard together
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Continued Training and Development
- Perform all duties of the Guest Services Bell Attendants and Parking Monitors.
- Train new and existing staff members.
- Ensure training is thorough and occurring on a regular basis.
- Conduct training in a manner that drives results and ensures consistent staff knowledge and performance.
- Develop and edit training materials and procedures.
- Delegate daily work tasks and projects. Check the work of staff to ensure daily responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Provide guidance and support and be a team leader. Assist with questions and problems as they arise.
- Respond to questions pertaining to resort policies and services.
- Establish, communicate and reinforce Company policies, procedures and standards with the staff.
- Print reports relating to arrivals, departures, tours and day use guests and distribute to the bell staff.
- Maintain regular communication with the front desk, engineering and housekeeping departments to ensure assistance is proactively offered to arriving and departing guests.
- Monitor staff performance regularly and provide feedback to the Guest Services Manager.
- Ensure the Guest Services Manager is informed of all staff tardiness, sick days and absenteeism.
- Foster strong cross department communication and synergy.
- Uphold Hospitality Standards, Company Culture and Department Core Standards and observe Company policies and procedures.
- Be the"End of the Line" and resolve every situation inherited, not passing it along, whenever possible.
- Follow up on any situation that is not fully resolved at the time of the initial request always giving consideration to what the guest or owner deems appropriate.
- Strive to close the loop (alleviate or eliminate issues) on any situations that cannot be fully resolved.
- Respond promptly to all email and voicemail correspondence.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all contacts, always being helpful and courteous.
- Wear proper uniform and name badge and adhere to Company appearance standards at all times.
- Attend and/or support company-wide training sessions and department meetings. Attend outside training sessions as needed.
- Refer any extraordinary situations to the Guest Services Manager, Assistant General Manager or Resort General Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow Company guidelines for environmental sustainability practices (recycling, composting and conserving resources) and participate in the Company's sustainability initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES: To perform the job successfully an individual should possess the following competencies, skills and attributes: Maintain expert knowledge and understanding of all knowledge applicable to the position * Be available to staff * Develop, coordinate and clearly communicate training * Demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal communication and strong listening skills * Communicate clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations * Provide exceptional customer service, approach guests and owners, and anticipate needs * Set example for staff on how to create, maintain and evolve a high level of customer service * Be empowered to make GRAND vacations * Respond well to questions * Respond promptly to requests * Be responsible and accountable - follow up on promises * Exhibit good manners while being assertive * Provide alternative solutions to problems * Remain calm and empathetic in situations that can be challenging * Respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints * Treat people with respect and consideration * Approach others in a tactful manner * Communicate professionally over the radio * Take initiative and perform tasks without being asked * Pay attention to detail and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness * Give appropriate performance feedback and recognition of staff * Strive to develop knowledge and skills, sharing expertise with others * Stay informed on the company, home property, ski resort and town developments and communicate to others * Support the team's effort to succeed by giving feedback, building morale and contributing to a positive team spirit * Ensure equipment and materials are used properly * Observe safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; six months to one-year related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMPUTER / TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE: Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook). Ability to operate office equipment (calculator, copier, fax, phone, radio and scanner). Ability to operate a personal computer and accurately record time worked, in the correct department, using the Company time keeping system. Ability to type by touch preferred.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to speak, read, write and interpret in English. Ability to read and interpret memos, procedures, routine reports, simple correspondence and simple instructions. Ability to write procedures, simple correspondence, simple instructions, tallies and procedures. Ability to speak effectively and present information to guests, owners, other employees of the organization, outside vendors and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand and walk over 2/3 of the time.
- Push using upper extremities to thrust forward, downward or outward between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Pull using upper extremities to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Perform repetitive motions of the arms (elbows, wrists, hands and fingers) between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Use hands to handle, feel or grasp between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Reach with arms between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Speak and listen in person and on the radio between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Lift between 10- 50 pounds between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Lift 100 pounds or more less than a 1/3 of the time.
- Sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl under 1/3 of the time.
- Work at a computer workstation (using mouse and keyboard) to check work email under 1/3 of the time.
- Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, close visual acuity and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environmental conditions the employee will have exposure to:
- Outdoor weather conditions such as sun, ice, snow, wind, dust, rain and humidity between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Extreme cold, below 32 degrees, for periods of more than 1 hour between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Moving vehicles, exhaust and airborne particles in the parking garage and driveway between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Vibration from the luggage cart between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Narrow aisles or passageways under 1/3 of the time.
- Pets and pet dander in and around the pet friendly resort.
- Moderate noise.
no requirements specified