RYAN AVIATION RECRUITMENT:
Established in 2009, Ryan Aviation Recruitment is a global leader of contract aviation recruitment formed by industry professionals. We provide a comprehensive list of services to our clients and candidates within the aviation field. Our Specialities include TRI/TRE’s, Captains, Senior First officers, First Officers, Flight engineers, Ground Engineers, Cabin Crew, Executive & Operations personnel, Aviation consultancy, Aircraft ferry & Delivery flights.
We are delighted to be supporting Atlantic Flight Training Academy, with their requirement for CRI & IRI Flight Instructor to be based at County Cork, Ireland.
The purpose of the Flying Instructor role is to teach student pilots and to flag and resolve issues early before large problems develop.
- Flight, flight simulation and Ground tuition – Delivering instruction to students and completing the associated paperwork and record keeping.
- Monitoring student progress, carrying out student reviews, making sure flying standards are adhered to and being available if an issue arises.
- Ensuring that training is conducted in accordance with the approved syllabi.
- Acting upon any safety information or instructions in relation to flight operations and regulations as advised by the IAA and AFTA HT.
- Ensuring that student welfare and discipline is monitored at all times.
- Maintaining full and accountable records for AFTA management.
- Maintaining a safety oversight of all flight and synthetic flight operations.
- Non commuting roster = 5 days on / 2 days off
- Commuting Roster Option 1 = 11 days on (10 working days + 1 day off) / 5 days off
- Commuting Roster Option 2 = 30 days on (1 day off per week) / 14 days off – i.e. one month on / 2 weeks off
Relocation package :
- 2 months accommodation paid for – receipted expense up to €550 per month
- Car hire for one month – receipted expense up to €500 OR Use of own car – payment of €300 on first invoice
Remuneration Package :
- Guaranteed minimum income of €4,000 per month for 3 months from the date induction is completed.
- Signing bonus of €5,000 – 50% paid in first invoice and 50% on completion of 6 months. Both amounts are bonded for 6 months i.e. if they leave within the first 6 months they must repay €2,500, if they leave within the 2nd 6 months, they can keep the first €2,500 but must repay the second €2,500
- Monthly retainer starting at €600. This increases by €100 annually up to €1000 per month in Year 5.
- Plus hourly rates as per rate sheet attached – the work they do typically ranges between €50 - €75 per hour
- 20 paid leave days throughout the year – paid at €100 per day
- Earning potential of up to €100,000 per annum
- Consists of 2 week initial induction – this is bonded at €2,400 for 12 months
- Payment of €100 per day for induction (maximum 10 days)
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES / QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of CPL/MEIR FI (A) CRI (A) IRI (A) is required
- Medical Certificate
- EASA Licence
- Right to live and work as a contractor within Ireland (EEA Passport or relevant visa)
- Must have an EEA passport or EEA valid work visa as we cannot sponsor roles due to the fact that they are contractors not employees
- Minimum ICAO English level 5 or 6 required
- High level of PC skills required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft, email, internet, intranet applications
- Start Date = ASAP
- Type = Contractor role – ongoing
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Instructor is preferred
- ICAO English level 5 or 6 required
- Demonstrated high level knowledge of all aviation ground subjects is desirable.
- Strong problem solving skills and works well under pressure
- Patient, Flexible and Customer focused
- Ability to get on with and inspire young pilots a prerequisite
- Strong Communications skills with a natural ability to actively listen as well as speak and demonstrate clearly
- Cheerful, authoritative, skilful and must lead by example in dress and behaviour
- Highly organized and disciplined, yet flexible, and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with efficient work methods required with analytical & problem solving skills a distinct advantage
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Strong Delegation and Decision making skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to acknowledge and recognise good work.
- Re-location support will be provided to suitable candidates.