RYAN AVIATION RECRUITMENT:
Established in 2009, Ryan Aviation Recruitment is a global leader of contract aviation recruitment formed by industry professionals. We provide a comprehensive list of services to our clients and candidates within the aviation field. Our Specialities include TRI/TRE’s, Captains, Senior First officers, First Officers, Flight engineers, Ground Engineers, Cabin Crew, Executive & Operations personnel, Aviation consultancy, Aircraft ferry & Delivery flights.
We are delighted to be supporting Atlantic Flight Training Academy, with their requirement for experienced full time ME IR / CPL / PPL Ground instructor & ME SIM Instructor to be based at County Cork, Ireland.
The purpose of this role is to teach student pilots the ground school aspects of ME IR / CPL / PPL flight training and also to teach in the Seneca & Diamond simulators. This role may suit a candidate with experience who has lost their medical.
- Flight simulation and Ground tuition – Delivering instruction to students and completing the associated paperwork and record keeping.
- Monitoring student progress, carrying out student reviews, making sure standards are adhered to and being available if an issue arises.
- Ensuring that training is conducted in accordance with the approved syllabi.
- Acting upon any safety information or instructions in relation to flight operations and regulations as advised by the IAA and AFTA HT.
- Ensuring that student welfare and discipline is monitored at all times.
- Maintaining full and accountable records for AFTA management.
- Maintaining a safety oversight of all synthetic flight operations
- Non commuting roster = 5 days on / 2 days off
- Commuting Roster Option 1 = 11 days on (10 working days + 1 day off) / 5 days off
- Commuting Roster Option 2 = 30 days on (1 day off per week) / 14 days off – i.e. one month on / 2 weeks off
- 2 months accommodation paid for – receipted expense up to €550 per month
- Car hire for one month – receipted expense up to €500 OR Use of own car – payment of €300 on first invoice
- Signing bonus of €5,000 – 50% paid in first invoice and 50% on completion of 6 months. Both amounts are bonded for 6 months i.e. if they leave within the first 6 months they must repay €2,500, if they leave within the 2nd 6 months, they can keep the first €2,500 but must repay the second €2,500
- Monthly retainer starting at €600. This increases by €100 annually up to €1000 per month in Year 5.
- Plus hourly rates as per rate sheet attached – the work they do typically ranges between €30 - €55 per hour
- 20 paid leave days throughout the year – paid at €100 per day
- Consists of 2 week initial induction – this is bonded at €2,400 for 12 months
- Payment of €100 per day for induction (maximum 10 days)
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES / QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of CPL/MEIR FI (A) CRI (A) IRI (A) is required
- EASA Licence
- Right to live and work as a contractor within Ireland (EEA Passport or relevant visa)
- High level of PC skills required. Must be proficient with Microsoft, email, internet, intranet applications
- Start Date = ASAP
- Type = Contractor role – ongoing
- Must have an EEA passport or EEA valid work visa as we cannot sponsor roles due to the fact that they are contractors not employees
- Minimum ICAO English level 5 or 6 required
- This may suit someone without a Medical as none of the flight instruction takes place in the air – only ground school & simulator work
- Flexibility to cover PPL / CPL & MEIR Ground school + MEIR SIM
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Instructor is preferred
- Demonstrated high level knowledge of all aviation ground subjects is desirable.
- Strong problem solving skills and works well under pressure
- Patient, Flexible and Customer focused
- Ability to get on with and inspire young pilots a prerequisite
- Strong Communications skills with a natural ability to actively listen as well as speak and demonstrate clearly
- Cheerful, authoritative, skilful and must lead by example in dress and behaviour
- Highly organized and disciplined, yet flexible, and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with efficient work methods required with analytical & problem solving skills a distinct advantage
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to acknowledge and recognise good work.
- Re-location support will be provided to suitable candidates.