Advanced Technology Systems Company (ATSC) is greatly expanding its footprint in the areas of acquisition, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), and Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR). The C4ISR product line services both military and commercial customers, domestic and global.
Aircraft Mechanic (Avionics/Electrical)
ATSC is currently seeking contingent candidates for the positions of Rotary Wing Aircraft Mechanic I, II, III.
The Aircraft Mechanic (Avionics/Electrical) performs repairs and troubleshoots aircraft systems and malfunctions of avionics, navigation, electrical, and communications systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Install, remove, inspect, test, adjust, or repair avionics equipment, such as radar, radio, and navigation systems in aircraft.
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring and/or cable on aircraft in adherence to established specifications.
- Cuts and strips wire insulate connections.
- Assemble components such as switches, electrical controls, and junction boxes, using hand tools and soldering irons.
- Safely prepare aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks and services.
- Perform scheduled inspections and assist in performing special inspections.
- Perform limited maintenance operational checks and diagnoses and troubleshoots aircraft systems using special tools and test equipment as required.
- Use and perform operator maintenance on tools, special tools and aircraft ground support equipment.
- Apply comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as aircraft Technical Manuals, Maintenance Information and Action Messages and all technical guidance provided through government official representatives.
- Maintain and repair aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components.
- Apply technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and use required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation.
- Participate in maintenance test flights and operation checks as required.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Knowledge & Skills
- General knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft electrical and avionics component and system troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers.
- Working knowledge of technical publications and Logistics Information Systems.
- Able to prioritize workloads to maintain schedules on assigned projects and is required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks.
- Possess the level of experience to inspect all required aeronautical type maintenance to be performed by Mechanics.
- The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records
Experience & Education
- Completion of high school or equivalent and U.S. military technical school or specialized training course is desired, certification of education level is required.
- Two (2) or more years aviation maintenance experience on the avionics systems of the UH-60 aircraft. Or A&P license and two (2) years aviation maintenance experience on the avionics systems of the UH-60 aircraft.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/ knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift heavy objects whose weight may exceed 50 pounds.
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
- Will handle dirty parts and lubricants.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE].
- Must be able to pass a Respirator Physical and Fit Test qualification.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, forklift, etc.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds.
- May work in maintenance shop or outside.
- Must be able to work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts or vehicles.
- May be expected to work in austere environments and all-weather conditions.
ATSC is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer