Important! This job ad is no longer active
Maintenance Repair Operations, Quality Assurance & Safety Engineer
* Please note this position is located in Nassau County ( Inwood, NY)
- B.S. in Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Nutrition, Food Science or other related technical degree.
- 3-5 years of experience in the food industry
- Experience in a SQF facility.
- The ability to motivate and build a team.
- Substaintial communication skills, both written and orally.
- Computer literacy; knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Establish and implement the training needs of the facilities personnel including the GMP, HACCP, Allergen, and training programs ensuring they have the required competencies to carry out the functions affecting product legality, safety and quality.
- Be responsible for the ingredient specification program, supplier vendor program, regulatory 3rd party audit program, labeling program, pre/post inspection program, verification and validation program, retain sample program and code date adherence program.
- Conduct audits of vendor facilities and product ingredients.
- Conduct management training regarding FSQ requirements to ensure compliance.
- Review reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and corrective actions to resolve deficiencies; ensure appropriate actions are taken on a timely basis.
- Audit "Good Manufacturing Process" training and compliance for the facility.
- Oversee that FDA/Medina and standard requirements are documented to maintain compliance.
- Ensure regularly audits of sanitation requirements are maintained in all areas of the facility.
- Consistently set expectations and hold subordinates accountable to key duties and standards.
- Ensure all FSQ required standards are followed and verify documentation compliance
no requirements specified