Zenon is delighted to be commissioned by a well-known aircraft component maintenance and repair services business to source a Senior Stores Person on a permanent basis for their facilities based in Stansted, UK
Reporting directly to the Stores Supervisor this role will involve assisting with the day to day running of a busy Stores department to provide a proactive and efficient service. The role includes the normal responsibilities and duties of a Stores Person but has additional responsibilities with regards to staff training and exchange core /calibration management. The role will require a flexible approach and the ability to multi task is essential.
• Competitive Salary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the Stores Supervisor with the day to day running of the Stores department and deputise during his absence
- Training and coaching of Stores staff. Supporting team members in reaching the standards required to hold a Stores Quality Inspection approval
- Receiving and inspecting a wide range of aircraft parts in line with operational procedures and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring correct material handling and storage conditions are maintained in line with regulation standards
- Ensuring all dispatched items are routed via the appropriate carriers paying particular attention to the carriage of dangerous goods
- Performing inventory control, paying particular attention to shelf life items and tooling due for calibration
- Exchange core management and escalation of any components at risk of becoming overdue
- The control and disposal of waste products in line with company and environmental regulations
- Oversight of tooling and equipment to ensure continuous serviceability and calibration
- To constantly seek operational improvements to maximise productivity and minimize cost
- Out of hours working if and when required
- Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company
Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role in an aviation logistics environment (Preferably in a Part-145 approved facility
- Previous experience with regards to Quality Inspection and be conversant in aerospace trace documentation
- Computer literate with experience in ERP software and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Full Clean UK Driving License
- Current counterbalance license
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever-changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to Andy Saunders in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Director Andy Saunders, please phone our office
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the EU will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.