RYAN AVIATION RECRUITMENT:
Established in 2009, Ryan Aviation Recruitment is a global leader of contract aviation recruitment formed by industry professionals. We provide a comprehensive list of services to our clients and candidates within the aviation field. Our Specialities include TRI/TRE’s, Captains, Senior First officers, First Officers, Flight engineers, Ground Engineers, Cabin Crew, Executive & Operations personnel, Aviation consultancy, Aircraft ferry & Delivery flights.
We are delighted to be supporting a leading Aviation Company situated at Wilson Airport which provides Aircraft with crew, maintenance and support for various operations within Africa, the Middle East and Offshore Islands, with their requirement for CHIEF PILOT to be based at NAIROBI, KENYA.
Job Title: Chief Pilot
Reporting to: Head of Operations with direct access to Chief Executive Officer
Role Purpose: The Chief Pilot is responsible for the coordination and control of all flight crew members and for the safe, legal and efficient operation of client’s aircraft.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- He is overall in charge of pilots and Cabin Crew.
- He will exercise control over discipline and deportment of flight crew members.
- He will be responsible for ensuring the optimum utilisation of flight crew to meet Company operational requirements.
- He will liaise with the Head of Training and the Head of Operations to ensure that all flight crew members comply with the respective requirements of the Kenyan Civil Aviation Regulations.
- He is responsible together with the Head of Training and the Head of Operations for the flight crew training.
- He will ensure that all proficiency checks, current/recurrent checks and training, as well as instrument rating renewals are carried out.
- He will keep a record of crew licenses, movements, passports, and vaccinations.
- The Chief Pilot must regularly check the knowledge of all flight crew regarding emergency Procedures.
- He is to advise the Head of Operations on crew requirements.
- He is to ensure compliance with flight efficiency and client’s Safety and Security systems and to ensure that all crew hold valid qualifications and appraise the crew for purposes of training and promotion.
- He is to be aware of client’s Safety and Security procedures and to implement them.
- An Airline Transport Pilot License with the appropriate ratings for the largest type of aircraft used in the client’s operations; THE EMBRAER 145. (The Company may consider offering suitable candidate the Embraer 145 Type Rating in accordance with the Company Policy.)
- Three years' experience as Pilot-In-Command in commercial air transport.
- A Commercial Pilot License with instrument rating in lieu of the Airline Transport Pilot License.
Documents Required to apply:
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in word format
- Complete KCAA flying hours Summary Form