- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Due to the global nature of the business, it is highly desirable for the successful candidate to bring additional language skills such as fluent Mandarin, Spanish or French. Fluent written and spoken English is an essential requirement.
- All of our On-Board Courier Brokers are office- and desk based and must use the provided office equipment such as computers, telephones, scanner and printer on a daily basis.
- Lifting of items weighing up to 30 lbs is a requirement.
We are recruiting for commercial brokers to join the On Board Courier (handcarry) division at our new office location in Los Angeles.
Chapman Freeborn offers On Board Courier solutions and thrives on completing challenging time-critical deliveries globally. Our specialist hand-carry division “Chapman Freeborn OBC” has a global network of freelance couriers and level of expertise that is second to none in the industry!
Purpose of the role
- To handle, monitor and follow-up on incoming customer requests for OBC shipments in a 24/7 shift cover.
- To maximize business opportunities by offering customers tailor-made solutions to meet clients’ requests within budgetary and operational restrictions, while making a suitable profit for the Company.
- To build strong productive relationships with clients to ensure business objectives are achieved.
- To evaluate customer business needs and logistics/courier requirements and formulate an effective plan to meet such needs and requirements.
- Preparing of time-critical quotations for incoming requests ensuring a timely offer with detailed and accurate information is provided to clients.
- Allocating of couriers to pending orders for worldwide requests and booking of their travel arrangements.
- Liaise, direct and give clear detailed instructions and information to couriers on their assignments and modify assignments as broker deems necessary to meet global customer needs.
- Monitor and tracking of on-going shipments with the purpose to ensure high quality service is delivered and the company’s expectations are met at any time.
- Sourcing, selecting and negotiating with external suppliers and service providers with the responsibility of determining and delivering appropriate training if necessary to meet the company requirements.
- Debtor and Creditor Invoicing and order settlement.
- Attend and represent the organization at agreed trade shows, conferences and industry events when required.