We are currently recruiting for a driven Junior Accountant to join our Finance team based in Warsaw, Poland. Our modern office in Warsaw is based in a great location with food shopping and restaurants available at walking distance.
With over 45 years of experience, the Chapman Freeborn group provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. Our expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes us the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business. Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organising flights for a Premier League football team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
Our team in Warsaw has been working together for years and are looking for a multi-tasking team player to join them. The ideal candidate holds at least 2 years of previous accounting experience and feels confident in communicating with colleagues, suppliers and customers based outside of Poland. Fluent written and spoken English and Polish is therefore essential for the successful candidate to bring.
The ideal candidate for this position has worked with Sage (or a similar accounting software), Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel before. Previous experience in preparing or producing monthly management reports as well as local Taxation knowledge is very desirable for a candidate to bring.
Purpose of the Role
- To ensure all financial aspects of our Polish company are completed to the required standard and within deadline, ensuring that the Finance department contributes to the achievement of the organisation’s goals.
- To provide financial reports to management to enable them to monitor the business and make effective decisions.
- To safeguard the assets of the organisation, most notably cash and debtors.
- Produce monthly management reports to the country manager and Group Financial Controller in a timely manner (including an income statement, balance sheet, reporting pack and supporting reports/documentation).
- Control and reconcile the balance sheet monthly.
- Ensure all income and costs are recorded in the correct period.
Management of cash flow & authorisation of payments
- Monitor and manage the cash flow needs of the company by ensuring debts are recovered and payments are made to suppliers on time utilising credit terms as far as possible.
- Check and sign all payments to ensure their validity, correctness and to limit the organisation’s exposure to risk
- Enter purchase invoices into the accounting system timeously and accurately.
- Account correctly for VAT, PIT, CIT and all other taxes.
- Complete the weekly creditor and debtor reports for senior management on a weekly basis
- Ensure adequate controls are in place and make suitable recommendations for improvement when necessary.
- Ensure all sales invoices are raised and enter them into the accounting system timeously and accurately
- Post all bank entries into the accounting system daily and reconcile each bank account monthly.
- Reconcile intercompany balances (trading and loans) regularly and cleared down (minimum every quarter).
- Assist in computation of the monthly VAT, VAT EU, PIT, CIT, and social security calculations and government submissions on monthly and annual basis.
- Responsibility for the monthly processing and preparation of staff payroll.
- Preparation of all applicable payroll returns to the taxation authorities.
Accounting System Postings
- Post all the accounting transactions (invoices, bank, journals etc.) into the Group’s accounting system (Sage ERP or/ and X3 ) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Build strong, productive relationships with internal customers (Group departments, internal management and colleagues) to ensure the business objectives are achieved.
- Suppport the Accounting Manager with general administration.
- Assist in preparing required statistical reports for GUS and other government organisations as required.
- Responsible for managing various insurance policies and their deadlines.
- Responsible for managing car and office leases.
- Responsible for maintaining HR employee files.