Purpose of Role
- To proactively identify, target and secure business opportunities for the Intradco product
- To dissect and analyse the live animal transport market, make decisions upon where there is opportunities for Intradco Global to add value.
- To find, communicate, and build relationships with new clients in a variety of target markets
- To maintain strong, productive relationships with existing clients to ensure business objectives are achieved
- To generate and manage a portfolio of clients and actively develop new business through initiative including following up on new leads, client recommendations and networking opportunities
- To share feedback, insight and new ideas with the Intradco Director, with the intention of accelerating innovation and product development within the live animal transport market.
- To manage the internal communication flow of client information, so the Intradco Global’s worldwide brokerage team can effectively service new accounts, creating a pipeline of new and mature accounts.
Key Job Responsibilities
- To proactively research, identify and grow business opportunities in new and existing markets to ensure business objectives are met. Secure profitable new clients primarily through telephone or face to face contact where appropriate and efficient.
- To have a deep understanding of where value can be added within the supply chain
- Actively promote all Intradco products to clients, suppliers and industry contacts worldwide in order to acquire profitable business in accordance with the Regional Sales Strategy
- Keep up to date with competitor activity to identify business opportunities
- Work towards and in line with all agreed group sales and operations strategies
- Work in partnership with the local broker departments by providing them with all relevant information and supporting them throughout the brokering process
- Support the development of a business plan to reveal future business opportunities and development in coordination with the Senior Management team
Client Relationship Management
- Liaise with clients to identify requirements and source suitable, competitive aircraft charter solutions
- Visiting potential, new and existing customers with a view to generate further business at least twice a year
- Maintain and develop relationships with both key clients and new business leads to maximise business opportunities and increase client loyalty in an industry where client retention is never guaranteed
- In a timely manner as defined by the Manager, record all pertinent customer prospect information and sales activity in the CRM system
- Keep up to date on latest operational capabilities of aircraft, airports and handlers
- Keep up to date on latest aircraft availability and airport and control authority procedures
- Give feedback on lost business and ensure timely completion of all reports to the Intradco Director
- Curiosity, to drive the understanding and analyses of market conditions
- A passion to speak with, and form relationships of people across a variety of cultures
- Driven to achieve goals
- Likes to have fun, and work in an outgoing environment
- Foreign languages are extremely helpful in this role. English is essential, with French/Spanish being extremely useful.
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
- Participate in a rotating out of hour’s duty rota within the Intradco team.
We are seeking a Global Sales Manager who will lead the business development of Intradco Global. Firstly this requires analysing the market to seek new business opportunities, and forming relationships with key clients that the opportunities pertain to. Secondly it requires spearheading the tactics of maintaining excellent relationships with the existing client base, to ensure relationships are retained for the long term.
This role is particularly weighted towards an individual that has a passion for developing relationships, an understanding of international logistics complexities, and is self-motivated to achieve tangible results.
Culturally we seek someone with an entrepreneurial drive, an upbeat character, and a personality to engage with people in and outside of our organisation. Intradco is a small, fast growing team, with a zero % staff turnover rate for the last 7 years – filled with characters that are always willing to go the extra mile. Our niche requires a wide range of skills that go beyond traditional air cargo brokerage, so enthusiasm to learn and adapt to market & client requirements is essential.