RYAN AVIATION RECRUITMENT:
Established in 2009, Ryan Aviation Recruitment is a global leader of contract aviation recruitment formed by industry professionals. We provide a comprehensive list of services to our clients and candidates within the aviation field. Our Specialities include TRI/TRE’s, Captains, Senior First officers, First Officers, Flight engineers, Ground Engineers, Cabin Crew, Executive & Operations personnel, Aviation consultancy, Aircraft ferry & Delivery flights.
We are delighted to be supporting a leading cabin interior maintenance and support company, with their requirement for Shift Manager to be based at London Heathrow.
Job Title: Shift Manager
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Work Timing: 4 ON/ 4 Off Day shift
Accountable for effective supervision of the aircraft and 3rd parties to ensure delivery of maintenance plans and compliance with all safety, regulatory, company requirements and procedures.
Working closely with the Operations Manager to ensure customer service levels are met and maintained to the highest standards adhering to all necessary legal compliance. Leading and mentoring the Supervisors to enable the teams to deliver a satisfactory service to the client.
Work with the supervisors to lead and complete the maintenance plan for the responsible area by delivering the highest safety, maintenance and reliability standards whilst achieving the required quality and cost targets.
- Responsible for the completion of all planned and ad-hoc maintenance tasks within a shift, through effective supervision and allocation of resources, equipment, assets and use of the full scope of qualifications held
- Responsible for meeting productivity and cost targets and exploring and implementing improvement opportunities
- Maintaining and delivering the daily DMS briefings, plans and priorities
- Working closely with senior management to ensure customer service levels are maintained to the highest standard
- Responsible for customer communications regarding operational delivery and production of all required operational reports IAW contractual requirements
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are met, in line with Quality requirements
- Enforce company Health & Safety policy.
People management responsibilities
- Working on a shift basis and responsible for the overall management of the supervisors and identifying training needs
- Responsible for the overall team compliance with environmental and health & safety regulations/guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring the people management of a team of staff at all grades in accordance with all Aero Technics employment policies (e.g. disciplinary and attendance management, performance management and grievance resolution)
- Ensure and support effective communications within the shift/team
- Act as the focal point of communication between the Operations Manager, supervisors, and third parties as required to ensure efficient and timely maintenance is carried out.
- Developing and managing sub-contractors, ensuring compliance and cost requirements are achieved
- Maintain technical knowledge through attending workshops, reviewing professional publications and networking
- Drive continuous improvement across cabin & production
- Support and implement change to create a culture of continuous improvement in a cabin/ production environment in order to increase unit performance
- Implement continuous improvement plans to drive efficiency within the Cabin teams to minimise disruption and maximise cabin standards. and performance
- Assist with defining the and maintaining department KPIs in conjunction with senior management
Responsible for safety plan delivery. Manage individual staff and teams from all grades on-the-shift in maintenance and compliance activities:
- Management of cabin standards, including compliance with regulations and company procedures to ensure continued Maintenance oversight for individual and team activities around the cabin ensuring compliance with safety, regulatory and airmanship standards
- Accountable for ensuring team compliance with environmental and health & safety regulations/guidelines.
- Ensuring accurate and correct maintenance records are kept in line with Part 145 requirements
- Recognised qualification in a technical discipline
- Proven experience of EASA Part 21G and Part 145
- Management of teams, both locally and remotely, including performance management
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Knowledge of Continuous improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Recognised business management qualification
- Experience of commercial Aviation / Cabin Interiors
- Aircraft seat maintenance
- Lean manufacturing principles