Regional Jet, one of Europe's leading capacity providers, is seeking to appoint a Head of IOCC (Integrated Operations Control Centre) with excellent leadership, mentor-ship and communication skills.
Reporting to the COO, the Head of IOCC is an integral part of the operational management team with overall responsibility for the department's performance and output. The nominee will lead the dept (comprising Operations Control, Flight Dispatch, Crew Scheduling, Navigation, Technical publications) and liaise closely with Flight Ops, Training, Engineering, and Commercial depts.
- Base – Tallinn
- Exciting opportunity to take part in building up and developing a new and innovative airline
This is a senior level appointment and you will lead the respective managers of the various sub-units therefore:
- You will be an experienced, customer-focused operational manager and competent decision maker with at least 5 years spent managing an operations center at a medium or large, scheduled or charter airline.
- You should have a strong understanding of relevant airline operational systems, including flight planning, EFB, crew scheduling, data analysis, document management and safety reporting.
- You will have strong commercial acumen and have experience of managing large budgets, developing business cases, and with an ability to evaluate proposed projects for value and cost effectiveness. > You must be IT and data literate, and will be involved in the creation of dashboards to track relevant KPI’s
- You will be educated, preferably to degree level and ideally have project management skills.
Overview of the Role
- To lead and develop the IOCC in a fast-growing airline.
- Ensure standards of safety and regulatory compliance are maintained across all areas.
- Liaise closely with the Commercial Dept. on the efficient and compliant scheduling of crew and aircraft to ensure that utilisation, punctuality and regularity targets are met.
- Oversee the accurate tracking of crew records to ensure compliance with FTLS, CLA's, and other mandatory crew records as required by regulatory authorities.
- Set and track KPI’s for the IOC and critical operational functions (OTP, fuel efficiency, crew utilisation).
- Support the development of the dept including a staffing, training, SOP’s and IT systems model, to ensure scalability of the dept in line with company growth plans.
- Liaise with counterparts at Regional Jet partner Airlines on matters related to operational performance, schedule and service delivery.
- Develop and foster relationships with external agencies (Air traffic control, airport authorities, ground handling providers, operations system vendors).
Be part of a growing airline, send your CV with the note “Head of IOCC”.
Looking forward to welcoming you on board!