Supervise banquet service operations to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with corporate/franchiser policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals. Position is responsible for long and short term planning and day-to-day operations of the Banquet section.
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm, friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Clear, re-set and replenish all banquet food and drink throughout the day.
- Perform opening and closing procedures, and side work duties according to banquet assignment.
- Attend B.E.O. meetings to go over future events.
- Inventory banquet supplies (assist in ordering.)
- Check in and out the appropriate keys to get your job done.
- Long hours sometimes required
- Medium work-exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in hotel committees, MOD program and task force assignments.
- Assist the Front Office Manager in all areas requested and act in his/her place during his/her absence
OTHER PERSONNEL ISSUES:
- Abide by payroll policies, procedures (punch in/punch out), Meals and Rest Periods policy and OLS Rules of Conduct.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment for employees as well as guests.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or request to Management.
- Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct stated in the employee handbook.
No. of employees supervised: 10-40_____ employees
Hours Required: Forty to fifty hours over a five-day period; scheduled days and times may vary based on need