Steinberg Hart is seeking a Job Captain. who under general direction, will be responsible for managing the work of junior staff and consultants to develop and produce a comprehensive project deliverable for small projects.
- Manage feasibility studies, schematic designs, working drawings and project manual/ specifications production for small projects.
- With guidance from Project Managers, Project Designers or Project Architects, can develop all phases of project while following design intent.
- Provide strong technical detailing skills in a variety of construction materials and building types.
- Coordinate information and work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the development and contract document phases of a project.
- Manage consultants, delegate work assignments and provide direction and guidance to junior staff.
- Attend internal meetings to ensure design specifications are coordinated with drawings.
- Assist in design development and details, programming, specifications, site planning and construction administration on a number of building and construction types.
- Regularly meet with Principal-in-Charge and Project Manager to provide insight on project status and the project details that contribute to the project's success.
- Represent the Firm by actively participating in external professional organizations and social functions.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in technical and design production.
- Ability to demonstrate full knowledge of industry practices and a proven track record of quality control on progressively more complex and diverse assignments.
- Experience in construction document preparation and field observation, knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
- Must have thorough understanding of construction administration requirements.
- Experience in dealing with governmental agencies and building/zoning codes and appropriate knowledge of engineering disciplines to evaluate and coordinate work done by consultants.
- Solid judgment, based on precedent and policy, in the development of a recommended course of action.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as time management skills.
- Excellent client management and customer service orientation and presentation skills.
- Understanding of sustainable practices and industry standards.
- Proficiency in relevant computer software: Building Information Modeling: Revit 2016 or later; Rendering: 3D Studio Max, Maxwell Render, Twinmotion, or Enscape ; Modeling: SketchUp or Rhino; AutoCAD 2016 or later; Microsoft Office.
- A degree in Architecture, preferable at the graduate level, related field or equivalent experience required. LEED AP preferred.
- Current affiliation and/or membership in a local, state, or national industry organization(s) is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, paid vacation, sick and holiday, as well as 401K matching and annual performance bonus opportunities.
Steinberg Hart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, genetics, or arrest/conviction records.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to . Reference in the subject line: Job Captain San Francisco.