- We have an opening for full-time/part-time CAPTAIN, CATERING position.
- Location: Our Lady of the lake. 5000 Hennessy Blvd. Baton Rouge, LA 70808. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: No Late Nights, one weekend off a month. Hours of operation are 4 am-8 pm.
- Requirement: Prior cooking experience is a plus.
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 322971 . Click here to view more.
- You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants and caf?s feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's Mindful Choices wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. The Atlanta-based company was named one of Modern Healthcare magazine's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013" and one of Training Magazine's top 125 for 2014.
Full time associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Coordinates catering staff schedules to ensure all functions are delivered, served and cleared in a timely fashion. Prepares and serves food at scheduled functions under the supervision of the Catering Director. May drive a truck to deliver food and beverages to catered functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines workload requirements from catering orders.
- Meets with function group leaders to discuss setup arrangements; addresses last-minute changes and resolves problems.
- Interacts with customers and resolves complaints in a service-oriented manner.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of menu items.
- Instructs staff on work expectations for catered functions.
- Helps staff set up rooms to desired specifications.
- Assembles and delivers food and supplies to scheduled locations.
- Serves food and beverages to guests.
- Returns food, beverages, serving equipment and utensils to catering facility.
- Ensures proper presentation, portion control and maintenance of serving temperatures; follows HACCP standards.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils.
- Ensures proper food preparation by following approved recipes and production standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A valid driver's license may be required. Must possess or able to obtain a valid food handler's permit and/or alcohol servers permit where required by state law.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 322971