- We have an opening for a full-time CAPTAIN, CATERING position.
- Location: 200 Rivers Edge Drive, Medford, MA 02155 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T- Monday through Friday, 7:00AM - 3:30PM. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous catering experience required.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Full time associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Coordinates catering staff schedules to ensure all functions are delivered, served and cleared in a timely fashion. Prepares and serves food at scheduled functions under the supervision of the Catering Director. May drive a truck to deliver food and beverages to catered functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines workload requirements from catering orders.
- Meets with function group leaders to discuss setup arrangements; addresses last-minute changes and resolves problems.
- Interacts with customers and resolves complaints in a service-oriented manner.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of menu items.
- Instructs staff on work expectations for catered functions.
- Helps staff set up rooms to desired specifications.
- Assembles and delivers food and supplies to scheduled locations.
- Serves food and beverages to guests.
- Returns food, beverages, serving equipment and utensils to catering facility.
- Ensures proper presentation, portion control and maintenance of serving temperatures; follows HACCP standards.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils.
- Ensures proper food preparation by following approved recipes and production standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A valid driver's license may be required. Must possess or able to obtain a valid food handler's permit and/or alcohol servers permit where required by state law.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).