The Credit Risk Officer is responsible for monitoring the credit control & monitoring activities of the airline. Assist in the preparation of weekly BSP reports.
1. Ensure timely credit of funds to Travel Agency Accounts that follow the airline’s prepayment model. Manage the Agency top-up process including relevant follow-ups with various internal teams as required.
2. Identify areas that can be automated through the systems in place for credit monitoring & Top-up process
3. Follow-up for long outstanding receivables
4. Maintaining records of all distributor contracts and visa related contracts and ensuring timely follow-up to obtain updated and valid contracts.
5. Processing of INAD recharges including billing, follow-up and reconciliation of relevant account nominal.
6. Carry out Various channel of sales (BSP / GDS / weblink/ TCH / ARC) credit control related activities which include granting ticketing authority to IATA agents based on credit vetting assessment, sales review, settlement and default monitoring. Prepare weekly BSP reports for all BSP countries
7. Ensure timely billing (where applicable) and repatriation/ remittance of funds from distributors and agents.
8. Liaise with various Commercial Managers to ensure timely market information is obtained for all BSP countries especially where there are defaults.
9. Calculate on a monthly basis the provision required for long outstanding receivables including BSP defaults.
10. Provide day-to-day support with regards to credit control activities including training of new team members / interns as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• A recognized professional accounting degree
• 2-3 years of professional experience in the Credit Monitoring division of an Airline
Knowledge / Skills
• Experience working in ERP Financials
• Knowledge of MS Excel
• Customer Focus
• Team work
• Effective Communication
• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)