Maintenance Repair Operations, Aeronautical Engineer
- This position is deployed to the Revolutionary Technology Programs (RTP) team to provide technical support/direction. Expected to support team's performance on project related to the analysis, design, and testing of plasma physics experiments.
- The position more generally requires working in a small, fast moving team on concept level analysis, study of plasma stability and behavior, as well as detailed design of experimental hardware and experiments.
- Requires use of MS Office software tools to compile data, reduce data, and generate reports. Strong verbal and written communication skills are highly desirable.
- Occasional overtime and odd hours required.
- Candidate must be able to work in a manufacturing and laboratory environment, including wearing radiation safety badge.
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance. Selected applicant must also possess, or be able to obtain, special access program clearances.
- Must have experience in designing, developing, testing, analyzing, or modeling/simulating plasma physics experiments/phenomena
- Ph.D. in Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with strong background in experimental plasma physics
- Strong research background in plasma diagnostics
- Strong research background working with or developing neutral beams
- Experience working with high vacuum and ultra-high vacuum systems
- Proficient with analysis tools such as MATLAB and/or LabVIEW
- Good oral presentation and written skills
If you find violations, report this job