DescriptionJob Requisition: Air Traffic Control (ATC) Subject Matter Expert (FAA Terminal Experience) Job Description:
The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of the FAA Air Traffic Organization (ATO) Office of Safety and Technical Training (AJI) customers. SME responsibilities are to ensure technical accuracy of AJI training products, assist in compliance with new training requirements, and maintain currency of technical information.
- Providing analytical feedback and recommendations for technical training products, courseware, materials and programs for FAA/AJI customers, employees, or field support personnel.
- Obtaining information from the customer and technical organizations, engineering, software and product requirements to prepare training programs.
- Assisting in planning, assessment, and quality reviews.
- Assisting in the design and review for technical accuracy of product demonstrations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- 10-15 years of FAA Air Traffic Control (ATC) Terminal experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- 2 to 4 years of experience as a FAA staff specialist.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience at variously sized terminal facilities.
- FAA Management experience, preferably 2nd level.
- Staff experience at Level 3 or higher, or as an FAA Staff Manager.
- FAA Headquarters experience.
- Experience as an ATC OJT Instructor or Training Specialist.
Leidos is a Fortune 500? information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information visit our website.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to (see below) .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.