- We have an opening for a full-time CAPTAIN, CATERING SR position.
- Location: Rider University-2083 Lawrenceville Rd., Lawrenceville, NJ 08648 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T- Various shifts available including evenings and weekends. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous catering experience required. Excellent customer service skills.
***UPCOMING JOB FAIRS***
JOB FAIR 9/19:
- Date: Thursday, September 19th
- Time: 4:00PM - 8:00PM
- Location: Rider University - Cavalla Room (Located on the 2nd floor of the Bart Luedecke Center)
JOB FAIR 9/21:
- Date: Saturday, September 21st
- Time: 8:00AM - 12:00PM
- Location: Rider University - Mercer Room (Located in Daly's Dining Hall)
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Current Associates: This position has a $250 Employee Referral Bonus! Know someone you would like to refer? Have them apply to this posting via this direct link or at and ask them to provide your name in the "If referred by current employee" section of the online application.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Supervises Catering Department employees. Prepares and serves food at functions under the supervision of the Catering Director. May drive a truck to deliver food and beverages to catered functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises employees in the Catering Department. Assists in the performance appraisal process.
- Determines workload requirements from catering orders.
- Meets with function group leaders to discuss setup arrangements, addresses last-minute changes and resolves problems.
- Assembles and delivers food and supplies to the scheduled catering functions.
- Returns food, beverages, serving equipment and utensils to catering facility.
- Distributes and collects customer comment cards at catered functions.
- Ensures proper presentation, portion control and serving temperatures.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of equipment, supplies and utensils within work area.
- Cleans equipment in a timely fashion; thoroughly cleans workstation before leaving the area for other assignments.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly and service-oriented manner; relays relevant customer concerns to supervisor.
- Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A valid driver's license may be required. Must possess or able to obtain a valid food handler's permit and/or alcohol servers permit where required by state law.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 318078