AECOM is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Test Pilot Rotary Wing (CH-47) position at Fort Wainwright.
1) Pilot's aircraft and serves as aircraft Pilot in Command when accomplishing maintenance test flight acceptance and support missions as prescribed by customer requirements.
2) Plan mission and obtains briefing information on purpose of flight test, weather, operation procedures, intelligence and special instructions.
3 Prepare flight plans considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, aircraft, crew capabilities, threats, operational and training requirements and flight procedures.
4) Prepare and file flight clearance.
5) Ensure the aircraft is preflight inspected, loaded, equipped and manned for mission.
6) Inspect engines, fuselage and control surfaces for mechanical and structural soundness.
7) Inspect and test mission equipment for proper operations.
8) Ensures that weight and balance are correct, fuel supply is adequate and survival and rescue equipment is properly stowed.
9) Brief crewmembers and non-crewmembers pm safety and emergency procedures and scope of mission.
10) Pilot operates controls and equipment to take off and land under varying flying conditions. )Perform prescribed test maneuvers, instrument readings and records results and test specifications as prescribed by the contract or customer requirements.
11) Test both normal and emergency functions of systems.
12) Coordinate and direct flight phases of test or support with other aircraft.
13) Maintain flight records and reports observations made during mission.
14) Conduct and supervise training of crewmembers.
15) Orient and brief crewmembers and non-crewmembers on duties and responsibilities, flight operation and mission profile.
16) Maintain proficiency and currency requirements.
17) Provide detailed and effective communications with ground maintenance personnel on results of test or acceptance flights.
18) During non-flight periods is capable of and performs duties of Technical Inspector, inspecting maintenance and modification actions on assigned aircraft.
19) Musts are able to work overtime on weekends as deemed necessary by supervisor.
Graduate of Army Aircraft Maintenance Officers Phase II course (AMOC Phase II) required.
1000 hours Pilot in Command time with 300 hours in specific MDS with 100 hours of Maintenance Pilot time in MDS required.
FAA Commercial Pilot rating, with current instrument rating, is required.
Must have current or have ability to pass and maintain FAA Second Class Flight Physical.
Must be able to pass hands on flight evaluation for currency.
Position may require travel.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Craft/Trade
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 222667BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.