Acara Solutions is helping our military consulting firm client, located within Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH, find a salaried direct (with full benefits) senior avionics engineer to join their organization.
Bachelor's degree along with Secret clearance required.
10 years of avionics engineering experience with at least 5 of those years in avionics, software or test for the Department of Defense. Weapon Systems experience a plus.
- Provide systems and avionics engineering support and technical expertise in the areas of requirements generation, systems design and integration, development, modification, test, airworthiness, production, sustainment, deployment, operations, and divestiture as required.
- Provide technical expertise in maintenance systems integration, design to test, integrated diagnostics, and electronic support equipment.
- Interface with other system acquisition elements, higher headquarters, DoD, Government laboratories, industry, and universities. The Contractor shall provide advisory assistance and draft documentation support to exploit emerging technologies through interfaces with AFMC labs, other Government agencies, universities, and industry.
- Assist in providing avionics engineering, consultation, and support to design, develop, manufacture, integrate, test, and deploy supportable airborne weapon systems, including integrated avionics, embedded computer systems, software, and electronic maintenance systems.
- Provide advisory assistance and apply systems engineering processes related to the following: airworthiness; system requirements; mission-critical software releases; software plans and processes; metric and requirements development and traceability; functional and physical allocations; program protection elements; entry and exit criteria development for technical reviews; configuration audits; logical analysis; design solution and implementation; interface and interoperability integration; and test verification and validation.
- Provide advisory assistance and draft documentation support to conduct reviews and studies, performance requirements, and support avionics system-level integration.
- Provide advisory assistance to ensure the application of systems integration, interface management, test, reliability and maintainability, accreditation and certification, technology transfer, manufacturing readiness, PESHE, and Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health (ESOH) processes are IAW DoDI 6055.05 Occupational and Environmental Health and AFI 48-145 Occupational Health Program policies and standards.
- Provide advisory assistance in the development, deployment, and maintenance of technical processes designed to develop and sustain products acquired while ensuring safe operation and maintenance of systems and forces.
- Assist the Government by providing knowledge, expertise, and guidance to produce artifacts where they are required in the following areas: Systems Integration, OSS&E; Airworthiness Certification per the latest version of MIL-HDBK-516; Safety per MIL-STD-882; and AFI 63-1201, Life Cycle Systems Engineering.
- Provide advisory assistance in the development, deployment, and maintenance of training systems, to include modeling and simulation.