Acara Solutions is helping our national aerospace client find a Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor to join their organization as a salaried direct employee in Fort Walton Beach.
This is a hands-on manufacturing floor position.
You will perform complex and varied work to develop and recommend improvements in the Manufacturing system and in product manufacturability and cost effectiveness. You will work with our cross-functional teams on new product development. You will select, evaluate and qualify materials for new process introduction and you will provide technical guidance to the design engineers and technicians for manufacture ability and cost effectiveness.
- Manage the team of ME's, providing training and coaching whenever possible
- Study, analyze and design methods, procedures, processes, layouts, flow, fixtures, and tooling as needed to support production
- Investigate, recommend, and implement manufacturing cost reduction and product improvement programs
- Identify root cause and corrective actions for manufacturing problem
- Participate in customer specification and statement of work reviews
- Participate in the review and evaluation of new product designs or design changes
- Review and analyze design change request initiated by manufacturing personnel to determine feasibility, validity, savings, effect on design, and verify justification for change
- Evaluate, test and select facilities, equipment, and materials required for production in conjunction with production supervision, purchasing and other groups
- Perform a variety of cost analyses, e.g., cost estimates for quotations or "make or buy" decisions
- Develop manufacturing operating instructions
- Develop and track manufacturing metrics to monitor the health of processes
- Evaluate non-conformances as part of the Material Review Board
- Develop procedures and train assemblers and operators in machine operations, processes or assembly applications
- Coordinate with vendors and customers
- Develop ROI or business case and present to management in the support of capital equipment, new product or process development and productivity improvements
Required Skills / Qualifications:
BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or related field
Min 3 years of supervisory experience
Min 5 years' experience as a Manufacturing Engineer with experience in electronics manufacturing including experience with processes and materials with hard and soft potting.
Min 3 years of experience with applicable solder certification standards
Min 3 years of LEAN experience in an electronic production environment (soldering knowledge (IPC610 and Jstd001))
U.S. Citizenship Required - Military Contractor
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
Experience with automation/co-bots
Practical application of the theories of modern production principles and methods as applied to a high technology design and manufacturing operation; Knowledge of material characteristics and processing, chemicals, basic concepts: electrical systems, mechanical systems, fluids, and heat transfernal Information
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
- Relocation paid for if applicable
- Shift: 6-3:30pm or 7-4:30pm 9/80 schedule