Atlantic Flight Training Academy, Cork, Ireland are recruiting for an experienced CRI and IRI full time flight instructor.
AFTA operates a large fleet of G1000, Cessna 172, Piper PA34 and Diamond DA32 aircraft training domestic and international cadets for some of the world’s largest airlines. The purpose of the Flying Instructor role is to teach student pilots and to flag and resolve issues early before large problems develop.
- Potential to earn up to 100,000 Euro, the harder you work the more you earn.
- Re-location support will be provided to suitable candidates.
- Flexible rosters available
- Flight, flight simulation and Ground tuition – Delivering instruction to students and completing the associated paperwork and record keeping.
- Monitoring student progress, carrying out student reviews, making sure flying standards are adhered to and being available if an issue arises.
- Ensuring that training is conducted in accordance with the approved syllabi.
- Acting upon any safety information or instructions in relation to flight operations and regulations as advised by the IAA and AFTA HT.
- Ensuring that student welfare and discipline is monitored at all times.
- Maintaining full and accountable records for AFTA management.
- Maintaining a safety oversight of all flight and synthetic flight operations.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES / QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of CPL/MEIR FI (A) CRI (A) IRI (A) is required
- Medical Certificate
- EASA Licence
- Right to live and work as a contractor within Ireland (EEA Passport or relevant visa)
- High level of PC skills required. Must be proficient with Microsoft, email, internet, intranet applications
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Instructor is preferred
- ICAO English level 5 or 6 required
- Demonstrated high level knowledge of all aviation ground subjects is desirable.
- Strong problem solving skills and works well under pressure
- Patient, Flexible and Customer focused
- Ability to get on with and inspire young pilots a prerequisite
- Strong Communications skills with a natural ability to actively listen as well as speak and demonstrate clearly
- Cheerful, authoritative, skilful and must lead by example in dress and behaviour
- Highly organized and disciplined, yet flexible, and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with efficient work methods required with analytical & problem solving skills a distinct advantage
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Strong Delegation and Decision making skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to acknowledge and recognise good work.