Important! This job ad is no longer active
Airport and Ground Staff, Baggage Handler
Annual salary from:
Working under the instruction of Ramp Leads, Responsibilities will include:
- Pushing Back and towing aircraft using appropriate equipment in accordance with airport and company procedures.
- Moving aircraft using appropriate equipment in accordance with airport and company procedures
- Visual Inspection of aircraft before carrying out tasks
- Completing walk round checks
- Chocking of all inbound aircraft and giving crew signals for ‘chocks in’ and ‘chocks removed’
- Hand signals start
- Wing walking and Ramp Marshalling
- Following Headset Procedures for engine starts
- Supplying and operating, aircraft steps, ground power units and all other machinery that you have received instruction to operate
- Working in close liaison with other Customer Service Reps and Airside Operations
- loading and off loading baggage in accordance with handling/customer services and aircrew instructions,
- Cleaning and Refuelling of all company vehicles and cleaning equipment
- Ensuring surrounding areas are clean and tidy.
- Providing toilet and potable water services to aircraft
- Other reasonable duties as requested by Ramp Operations Lead
- A calm approach to problem solving, last minute changes and ability to work accurately under pressure.
- A customer orientated approach with an outstanding level of customer service skills and experience of meeting the needs of a co operate business.
- Full job understanding and safety awareness
- Ability to communicate credibly across all levels of the organisation
- Basic IT skills.
- Moving private aircraft means you must be able to drive, so you will need to hold a relevant and clean driving licence.
- Previous experience of towing of aircraft would be an advantage, however full training would be given to the successful applicant.