Airline Maintenance Director
Directs and coordinates activities of the maintenance division of Angel Airlines. This position aids in formulating and administering maintenance and regulatory compliance by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate directors or managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following;
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing long term goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the safety compliance of all maintenance department employees and ensuring all company equipment meets regulatory compliance rules. Responsible for conducting monthly departmental safety meetings and ensures documentation of the meeting and all personnel attendance.
- Establishes criteria for hiring personnel for maintenance department positions.
- In conjunction with the Director of Quality Control, establishes the requirements for initial and recurrent training for all personnel involved in the maintenance, preventative maintenance and inspection of company aircraft.
- Ensures that the company aircraft are airworthy, clean and in compliance with Company standards.
- Directs and coordinates activities of various maintenance departments to attain the goals and objectives for fleet reliability and customer requirements.
- Reviews and analyses all maintenance activities, cost efficiencies, support of flight operations, and forecast data to determine the departments’ progress toward its stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with departmental Directors, Managers and other essential personnel to review achievements, financial obligations necessary for the fleet and to discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current or changing conditions.
- Assists in the development of policies and implements procedures to be followed by all personnel performing maintenance and other types of repairs or services at the main base and outer stations.
- Develops, monitors and executes budgetary policies pertaining to all Maintenance functions and assists the Director of Operations, Fleet Planning in the development of the Maintenance budget and completes monthly expense account reviews.
- In accordance with the CAAZ this is a key aviation safety-related position that is responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of CAAZ Safety Management Systems (SMS) at Angel Airlines.
The minimum entry qualifications for the Director of Maintenance are—
- An Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT) license with airframe and powerplant ratings;
- 3 years experience in maintaining Airbus A330 series, including 1 year in the capacity of returning aircraft to service;
- 1 year supervisory experience maintaining the Airbus A330 series.