The Maintenance Test Pilot obtains a detailed knowledge of operating in the AOR airspace. Must be proficient in flying in a desert environment in day, night, NVG and IFR conditions. Maintenance Test Pilot performs routine acceptance test of aircraft following corrective maintenance
- Maintenance Test Pilot, responsible for all matters pertaining to maintenance operations.
- Ensures maintenance of all aircraft are in compliance set forth by appropriate maintenance manuals, operations directives, FAA compliance directives and contractual readiness rates.
- Able to successfully complete all no-notice flight evaluations and exams in his/her primary
- Remains fully qualified in aircraft and perform as a crewmember when necessary.
- Tests aircraft to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability.
- Operates models of test aircraft during engineering flight tests, production acceptance, and flight test support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers.
- Coordinates flight operations efforts. Approves cockpit configuration. May conduct demonstration flights with customers, government officials, or other personnel aboard to exhibit aircraft performance, flying qualities and system capabilities.
- Over see maintenance operations, test fly and trouble shoot, manage maintenance flow.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Knowledge & Skills
- U.S. Citizen, as specified in the Task Order and holder or the ability to receive Secret Security clearance
- Level 3 English proficiency
- Hold the rating of FAA Certificate, rotorcraft, commercial pilot, instrument
- Be qualified in type aircraft in use.
- In-depth knowledge of FAA regulations, US Army Maintenance procedures and regulations,
- AR 95-20 and contract requirements.
Experience & Education
- US ARMY AMOC (phase 1/2) Complete and qualified.
- Have a minimum of 1,500 rotorcraft hours with 250 Night Vision
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Desert environment
- As directed by Program Manager