Our client is a highly successful global aviation aerospace company, theyare recruiting an Aircraft Fitter/Engineer to support Base Maintenance activities to the appointed Supervisor and/or Licensed Aircraft Engineer, working on our fixed wing fleet of Aircraft (predominantly Falcon 20). You will have an awareness of all associated and related Mechanical Aircraft Maintenance regulations and work in accordance with the company procedures at all times.
This position is based at our Bournemouth International Airport site and requires minimal travel:
As an Aircraft Fitter your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Aviation apprenticeship background
- Mechanical Engineering experience working in an Aircraft line or base maintenance facility.
- Fitting and maintaining complex mechanical systems on aircraft (fixed wing or mid-sized jet preferred)
- Mechanical biased (engines, mechanical systems, fluid systems)
- Experience of service or commercial aircraft engineering/operations (desirable)
- Ability to gain full UK security clearance if not already gained.
- Motivated team member and physically fit to undertake manual tasks around and on board the aircraft
- Must be able to gain UK SC clearance
- Medically fit for detachment
As an Aircraft Fitter your main responsibilities will involve:
- Safety first. Operate at Special Mission in accordance with the SHE Technical standards. Identify where the SHE Technical Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
- To perform base maintenance and when required line maintenance on company and customer operated aircraft including, servicing, inspections, modifications and defect rectification. Reporting to your LAE & SLAE you will need to work in an efficient and timely manner to meet the allocated task times.
- The control of any material or Company equipment provided for the task. The cleanliness of the working area at all times.
- Keep all associated Base Maintenance equipment replenished and ensure service dates are complied with.
- Although primarily based at Bournemouth, you must be willing and able to work at other detached operating bases when required. There is a possibility of working shift patterns when required to meet operational demands.
Keywords - Aircraft Fitter. Maintenance, Engines, Mechanical Systems, Fluid Systems, Fixed Wing Aircraft, Jets, Apprenticeship background, Aviation
Salary - Competitive , plus excellent benefits
Location - Christchurch, Bournemouth